- Available Persons 10 Adults
- Room Size 250 m2
- Price Per Night 310.00 €
- Minimum Stay 1 day
Villa Tzoulakis 4season is situated in Agia Varvara village. It is offers an outdoor swimming pool, lounge and barbecue facilities. The villa is built on two levels. At the ground level there are: 1 bedroom with king size bed, 1 bedroom with 2 bunk beds, a living room with sofa bed, tv, projector , kitchen with full equipment and the bathroom with Jacuzzi and washing machine . At the next level there are the pool with one bedroom with one double bed and one bunk bed.
Outdoor there is a big yard with heated pool (hot and cold) that makes you feel cosy, peaceful and relaxed, with a lot of space.
Agia Varvara is a crossroads for the plain of Messara and the southern parts of Psiloritis. Its climate is cool and suitable for summer accommodation. The main occupation of the inhabitants is olive growing and viticulture. Also famous are its cabbages. The central church is the one that gave the name to the village. Equally important is the old church and the Byzantine churches of Profitis Ilias, Agios Ioannis and Agios Georgios, as well as the old monastery of Agia Pelagia (in the cemetery of the settlement). On December 4, the feast of the patron saint of the city, a traditional festival is organized. Similar events are held on Halloween by the landscaping and cultural association in early July, with Cretan music in the village square. All the services of the Municipality are based in the town. Among the others there are 2 kindergartens, 1 Primary school, Gymnasium and Lyceum, KEP, Health Center and OTE.
Agia Varvara is the middle point, “fali of Crete”. Tradition says that two priests started, one from Sitia and the other from Chania to share Crete. After walking a lot, they met in St. Barbara. Tired and sweaty from the hike they sat down to rest. Then a priest took off his mask and threw it on the ground and said “oh, this is the center of Crete, oh, it is the fali of Crete, I am also crossing the border”. And the pope’s mask became a big rock, a border fixed at the entrance of the village and defines the center of Crete. The small church of Profitis Ilias was built on it, by Alexandros Saklabanis in 1933, so that no one could damage this border.
The village has been inhabited since ancient times, perhaps from the Minoan era. From the old churches of the area (Ai Georgis o Hostos, Agios Pelagia, old Agios Varvaras etc.) it appears that it has definitely been inhabited for the last 1000 years.
Saint Barbara participated in all the liberation struggles of our country, giving worthy young men who sacrificed themselves on the altar of freedom, each writing his own unique story.
In the sights of the settlement are the Byzantine churches of Profitis Ilias, Agios Georgios of Hostos, Ag. Ioannis, of Ag. Pelagias, of the Holy Spirit in Axenti which belongs to the parishes of Ag. Barbara, Meg. Vrisi and Ag. Thomas as well as the oak forests in “Kampithiana” and “Pirouniana”. Agia Varvara produces excellent quality vegetables and fruits that the passer-by can find in the shops but also in the open-air counters.
For any question, please contact with us : [email protected]
- Swimming pool
- fully equipped kitchen
- sheets and towels
- Satellite TV
- Flat-screen TV
- Coffee/Tea Maker
- Free Wifi